All energy sources play a crucial role, but renewable energy is of particular importance to reach remote areas, take advantage of available resources and provide a viable alternative to replace and minimize the use of diesel generators that represent a high operational and environmental cost. A proper understanding of energy demand and the availability of renewable energy resources allows the development of optimized energy system models, which can lead to policy recommendations and decision support to secure energy supply in isolated populations such as islands.
In this context, the Latin American Energy Organization (Olade), invites the energy sector community to participate in the following training events, which have been designed with the objective of expanding knowledge on: energy system modeling, scenario definitions, running simulators and compiling information to formulate public policy recommendations.
- 3 webinars on Energy Assurance in Islands:With the participation of specialists from the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency of the countries of the Central American Integration System (SICA). These sessions will be delivered in English and Spanish.
Date: August 4, 5 and 6, 2021
Time: 09h00 (GMT-5)
Language: English and Spanish
Platform: This series of 3 seminars will be delivered on the capevLAC platform
Steps to register on the capevLAC platform:
1) Subscribe to the platform at https://capevlac.olade.org/registro/,register your personal data and create your username and password.
2) Once you have registered on the platform, go to the course registration link: https://bit.ly/3lasVTa
- 2-week intensive course Assurance of Energy Supply in Islands: This course will be taughtby researchers from the Reiner Lemoine Institute in Germany.
Date: FromAugust 9 to 20, 2021
Time: 8h30 (GMT-5)
Steps to register on the elearning.olade.org platform:
1) Subscribe to the platform at http://elearning.olade.org/administrador/auth/register?, register your personal data and create your username and password.
2) Once you have registered on the platform, go to the course registration link: https://bit.ly/3i9uYoL
For more information or questions contact: email@example.com